The Clinton House Museum is looking for docents! We want you on our team if you have a gift for storytelling and enjoy meeting people from around the world, around the country, and around town. We need those who can work on weekends, in particular, but some evenings and weekdays may be available as well.
Docents are responsible for offering tours to guests and assisting the Director and Historian with other projects and events as needed. This position reports to the Director of the Clinton House Museum.
- Give tours of the house and, with training, be knowledgeable about the life of President Bill Clinton and Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton while in Fayetteville and of the history of the house
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with other museum employees
- Ensure the museum is equipped to provide an optimal visitor experience, which includes some light cleaning and organizing
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
The successful applicant will:
- Have strong oral and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work effectively with a team
- Be reliable
- Be willing to work Saturdays and Sundays
- Be outgoing and cheerful