Join Our Team
Posted August 17, 2020. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and the position will stay open until filled. No phone calls, please.
The Program Assistant is responsible for offering tours to guests and assisting the Director and other museum staff with other projects and events as needed. This position is part-time (20-25 hours a week) and reports to the Director of the Clinton House Museum. Pay is $11.00/hour. Clinton House Museum is a private, nonprofit organization, and as such, our mission is historical, not partisan or political.
The Clinton House Museum values diversity, inclusion, hospitality, storytelling, and respect for all staff and visitors.
- Primary duty: act as docent, giving tours of the house and, with training, be knowledgeable about the life of President Bill Clinton and Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton while in Fayetteville as well as the history of the house
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with other museum employees
- Ensure the museum is equipped to provide an optimal visitor experience
- Cleaning to current safety standards, organizing, and light maintenance
- Assist with museum events
- Other duties as assigned by Director
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently stand for long periods, walk, talk, and hear. Use hand to handle objects and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift more than 30 pounds.
- Have strong oral and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work effectively with a team and independently
- Be reliable
- Be willing to work some evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Be outgoing, cheerful, and curious about other people
Please use the form on this page to apply for this position. Your application will be reviewed, and you will receive a response in a timely manner.
[gravityform id=”10″ title=”true” description=”true”]